Accessible Delights in San Sebastian01 June 2016
The delightfully petite Spanish city of San Sebastian is ideal for a peaceful accessible holiday, and once there the resort’s many adapted activities and amenities are all within easy travelling distance.
Annie, one of our accessible travel experts, recently visited San Sebastian in order to find out just how accessible and welcoming the area is. During her trip Annie sampled some of the most popular activities, tried some of the exquisite Michelin-star food, viewed some of the adapted attractions, and paced the local streets with a wheelchair-using companion to see how easily a person with impaired mobility finds traversing San Sebastian.
One of the visit’s highlights involved seeing an adapted surfing session. For this exciting event, a wheelchair user is first transferred from their wheelchair and onto a surfboard. Once in the water the surfer is accompanied at all times by guides, in order to help them relish their surfing experience safely. Please note that a person with impaired mobility will need a certain amount of upper body strength in order to enjoy this experience.
Annie also recommends touring a local vineyard in which super-dry white wine is produced in exclusively small batches. She experienced a very informative visit to see where the wine is produced, aged and bottled, after which she was given three different wines to taste over a delicious lunch.
She also visited the highly accessible aquarium, the local church, and simply enjoyed the flat walks around the town centre.
We plan to add San Sebastian to our great accessible roster very soon. If you would like to know more, simply get in touch with us for a chat.
- The best accommodation with accessible swimming pools for summer 2019
- Enable Holidays awarded the Gold Trusted Service Award 2019
- Indian Tour by Mr & Mrs Holman
- Black Friday | Double Discount
- Five Top Tips for Planning an Accessible Holiday Without the Stress
- FREE Vip Lounge Pass
- Where To Go - And What To Do - On Your Next Accessible City Break
- Voted 'Happy Holidays' Winner at DMUK Awards 2018
- How Will Brexit Affect Disabled Holidays?
- Finding the Accessible Winter City Break for You