Enable Holidays at World Travel Market! Day 205 November 2014
The World Travel Market at London's Excel is the biggest travel exhibition in the world. There simply is no easier way to visit so many countries under one roof, which makes it the perfect opportunity for Enable to meet up with our colleagues around the world as well as discover new travel opportunities and make new friends. This year, I've been looking for new hotels and considering new destinations in far flung corners of the world. I was very impressed by a sustainable holiday centre in São Paulo, Brazil, where no expense has been spared to ensure the accommodation, facilities and adventures are all truly accessible for disabled holiday-makers. The centre has been created by a local farmer who is really passionate about 'doing things right' and his vision is certainly bearing fruit with a massive increase in popularity over the last three years.
World Travel Market also gave me the opportunity to sit on a panel to discuss social inclusion - and especially what the travel industry can do to ensure that more people have the freedom to travel and enjoy the world. It was a very lively session which proved that the travel industry is serious about accessibility, and I'm proud of the fact that Enable Holidays is at the forefront of this change.
On Wednesday 5 November I had great pleasure presenting the award for the Best Disabled facilitator in the Responsible Tourism Awards 2014. The worthy joint winners of the Gold award were Cavan Town in Ireland and the fabulous Parque dos Sonhos in Brazil. Both entrants demonstrated the lengths they have gone to in providing the best possible facilities for disabled visitors.
Bye for now,
- Enable Holidays awarded the Gold Trusted Service Award 2019
- Indian Tour by Mr & Mrs Holman
- Black Friday | Double Discount
- Five Top Tips for Planning an Accessible Holiday Without the Stress
- FREE Vip Lounge Pass
- Where To Go - And What To Do - On Your Next Accessible City Break
- Voted 'Happy Holidays' Winner at DMUK Awards 2018
- How Will Brexit Affect Disabled Holidays?
- Finding the Accessible Winter City Break for You
- 3 Wheelchair-Friendly Short-Haul Winter Sun Destinations