My Tour of India Part 7 (Day 6)18 April 2013
And so to Jaipur, where I've had the pleasure to discover the 5-star LaLiT hotel - one of the finest luxury hotels in the city and conveniently located near Jawahar Circle. The hotel was pristine, beautifully decorated and very well-apppointed - and as for the staff they were faultless, and included a fine gentleman with a 14 foot moustache coiled underneath his regal looking turban. Look out for him on the rollover of images above, where you will also see me loving my date with elephants, and there's also a wonderful shot of 12 young students heading to school in a tuk tuk. Jaipur is the capital city of the state of Rajasthan and is known for its remarkable gridded street system.
With awesome fortresses, palaces, temples and beautiful havelis; Jaipur is a popular tourist destination offering royal attractions and cultural ones with traditional handicrafts and spectacular jewellery.
I was advised that the best time to visit Jaipur is between October and March when the climate is at a very pleasant temperature, and even though it wasn't unbearably hot for my visit I could really feel the strength of the sun.
Guess it's April showers back home ;-)
- Enable Holidays awarded the Gold Trusted Service Award 2019
- Indian Tour by Mr & Mrs Holman
- Black Friday | Double Discount
- Five Top Tips for Planning an Accessible Holiday Without the Stress
- FREE Vip Lounge Pass
- Where To Go - And What To Do - On Your Next Accessible City Break
- Voted 'Happy Holidays' Winner at DMUK Awards 2018
- How Will Brexit Affect Disabled Holidays?
- Finding the Accessible Winter City Break for You
- 3 Wheelchair-Friendly Short-Haul Winter Sun Destinations